This site may be using cookies to melk you with your own data. I, ben0bi, am not the owner of this web service and I also do not maintain their servers. But the EU and the owner of this service think, that the user (me) has the responsibility to inform the consumer (you), that this website uses cookies. Again: I, ben0bi, NEVER use cookies. I am not responsible for the setup of this web service. I just present some information here and do not intend to spy on you for whatever reason ever. But (also again), I do not host this website nor do I maintain any servers related to this website nor do I benefit from using the cookies maintained from this service. I hereby give the responsibility for using cookies on blogspot back to the owners of blogspot.

Mittwoch, 4. November 2015

GAMEBOY Devkit ben0bi Edition

I downloaded the Gameboy devkit and played around with it like here.
In the developing process, there were some stuff downloaded which I included in the original devkit.

Here are the downloads: from Mirror 1 (Onedrive) from Mirror 2 (Homeserver)

And here is what you get for it (copied from README.txt):

First of all, you need to call do.path in every new terminal window, else the paths are not defined. Call it like that: . do.path in your gbdk-root directory. (NOT ./do.path)

Please look also at this post, my friend SneezyCerritus got all out of an old Gameboy Color.

+ gbdk-doc downloaded from (If you can redeem 8.8Mb for the Nintendo Manual,  you can do that with this 50kb for sure.)

+ A shell script to set the path for GBDKDIR. Please change this to your own path.
    + do.path ->    Call it with: ". do.path" because "./do.path" will not
            set the variable globally.

+ RGBDS (compiled and source) for fixing the code to run on real GameBoy hardware.

+ Some PDF-resource.
    + GBCPUman.pdf             -> GameBoy CPU Manual by some people from the internet.
                        This one contains some tips and tricks.
    + gb_programming_manual.pdf    -> Original document by Nintendo.
                        I have no idea where I found this.
                        Biggest file of the whole compilation. ;)

+ A tile editor for LibreOffice: assets/ben0bis_GB_TileEditor.
    + And a font created with it, spread over several files in the assets/new folder.
    + Also as zip-file if you do something wrong.

+ New code from myself in the ben0bi-folder with some shell-scripts to automate.
    + ben0bi/credits    -> Credits of this whole project.     (Not finished yet)
    + ben0bi/IRremote    -> An IR remote for your TV.         (Not finished yet)

+ Some shell scripts from myself and updated Makefiles to use with libraries. (multiple .o-files)
    Look in the subfolders of the ben0bi-folder:
    + Makefile    -> the original one from the examples does not work properly.
    + do.all    -> calls all the other do-files and starts the game after compiling.
                It uses VisualBoy Advance (vba) as emulator, please install it.
    + do.compile     -> calls "make clean" and then "make"
    + do.fix    -> fixes the file to use on real GameBoy-Hardware.

        You need to set the proper filename/s in all of this files.

+ New Examples, stolen from the internet:
    + examples/burlyGBC_src    ->    a little game where you are a bear.
                I learned how to use graphics with that one.
                Contains the original tile editor tiles17.xlsx
    + examples/IR        ->    contains some source to use the IR sensor.
                (code not used yet.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen